Wednesday, February 15, 2012

TIME

Time time time- constant demands on MY time.

I threw this thing up last week thinking I would post from work, which is really the only time I mess around on the internet. Yea- I am one of those that take time from work and goof off- so freaking what.
Now- back to the time thing. Truth is, in the normal fashion of my job, I have enough spare time to do so. In fact I goof off at times just so I don't get it all done to soon. My boss has been gone for two weeks now so you would think I would have more time to screw around and do things like write on a blog. Hell no! When he is gone I get his  work he is required by the company to get out- and for the company or the customer things have to be on time- remember the Govt holds its contractors to a much higher standard than the Govt has!

Speaking of the Company- this actually is a great company to work for, one that actually cares about the employees. After 30 years with the City of Hattiesburg and one mayor that actually said "firemen are a necessary evil" it is refreshing. There  are the demands- high pressure at times- to meet contractual requirements but at least they do it with a smile. Audits- damn audits- this place is the most audited place in the world. Paper work audits- you know, "did you do what you say you do when you say you do it and where is the proof". I hate audits- and when they catch you with some errors- even a darn typo- and write you up! An audit write up requires more paperwork to track- a plan to fix and then darn proof that you did what you say you did!

Anyway- some darn dignitaries are due here- past due now by 8 minutes to see the station and I have to give the 75 cent tour- more darn demands on my time!

I will find time to post- I am actually working on a short story about a fire crew making entry into a house fire and since the Captain is me it will be R rated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Finally Made It!

To any of you that have had an addiction, especially to smoking you will understand how hard it is to quit. Even know what it does to you, c...