BLOG? Me BLOG? I don't even know what the hell blog stands for. Oh wait while I go Google it.
I get it now, I think. This is the acryonym for weBLOG. Why BLOG? It sounds like something nasty, something you spit out, blog, blog, patoey!
I read a few blogs when I get the time. Some interesting, some that make you think and others that are just plain damn stupid. I have also been told that I should do one, so I guess now that I have started typing it is being done. I don't know why though. I do have lots of thoughts but am not, repeat am NOT one that puts words on paper in any type of coherent fashion.
I am not an author. What I am is a tired old fireman, very tired retired from public service and now working my rear end off in the private sector, or for a contract FD on a Federal Base. Not bad but here it is a high pressure corparate world. "Excellence, On Time, Within Scope and Within Budget". One thinks the government holds it contractors to a much higher standard than they live by, doesn't one?
I am a tired old fireman but not a firefigher anymore. I know push paper or computer keys and my desk is full of stuff I have to get entered into they system. My job as Fire Prevention Officer keeps me very busy with 8 inspectors going out daily and then having to research the Fire Codes so I can site word for word to idiots that they have to do what we said they have to do to protect their or their workers lives. Its a never ending merry-go-round.
Anyway I have a question. Should I do this? Should old HT write a BLOG? Darn that is such a nasty sounding word. Would anyone actually read what I put down? I do have thoughts, as does every one and I have opinions on most anything.
One that is hitting me at the moment is the death penalty since good ole Misasipe just killed another one. Thing is I was an alternate on his trail- did not have to vote since the original 12 stayed on but I did have to sit through the entire thing. This is one of the many reasons I am now opposed to the death penalty. Does anyone want to read about that crap. Let me know.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Finally Made It!
To any of you that have had an addiction, especially to smoking you will understand how hard it is to quit. Even know what it does to you, c...
-
To any of you that have had an addiction, especially to smoking you will understand how hard it is to quit. Even know what it does to you, c...
-
Back in 1991 I went on a Church Retreat weekend called Cursillo that changed my life in a tremendous way. Since that time I have gone back a...
-
We seek it here, we seek it there, we look for love everywhere! We expect it to come to us, usually through another person. Every thing we ...
I, for one, am tickled to see you starting a blog. Stick with it! I find your way of describing things, quite entertaining. I'll read it! :)
ReplyDeleteIt wouldn't hurt to put some thoughts for the day up in here. Those are priceless to me!
Yay!!!